Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday's Child

I like to think I've grown and matured over my 32 years, but there are a few things that have just stuck since I was a kid.

The perfect Saturday morning will always include cooking shows.  It started with The Frugal Gourmet (before those pesky sexual assault allegations), right up to my current favorite, Kelsey's Essentials.  It used to be me sitting cross-legged on the floor in the basement not wanting to get out of my nightgown. Now, it's coffee on the couch and not wanting to put on a bra. 

I also get excited when I find pretty things with my initials.  It's not like our house is covered in the alphabet, and I don't carry monogrammed luggage.  I like stumbling upon little surprise trinkets that quietly say hey, we belong together.

Couldn't pass that up.
Isn't there some saying about a key to life is keeping one's childlike innocence?  Am I making this up?  Oh well . . . it's working for me this morning.  Done and Done.

Oh, I also still really love puns of my last name.  If my blog title didn't already give that away.

Go forth and indulge your inner child today!

1 comment: