Sunday, July 24, 2011

Winner!

I've read that breaking a fast correctly is just as important as the actual fast.  Therefore, to prime my system once again for sugar, I will be reintroducing it very slowly.

With this beautiful thing.

The Chocolate & Peanut Butter S'mores with Vanilla Ice Cream
[source]

I think that's slow enough, don't you?

I just drooled all over myself (and maybe a little on the dog snuggling in my lap) watching this come to life on the "Ice Creamy" episode of Best Thing I Ever Ate.  Prime 112 in Miami serves this, and it's the kind of thing that makes me want to mind-meld with pastry chefs.  Unfortunately, Miami is not high on my list of travel destinations.  I'd go for the food (I'd go anywhere for the food), but the regional penchant for mini skirts and self-tanner keeps me away.  My scarred knee caps and creamy white thigh flesh are fine with this decision.

Alas, I will be tinkering with recipes in my own kitchen.  The chef was happy to disclose the five wonderful layers of goo and gorgeousness:
  • Graham cracker crust baked in the bottom of a ramekin (easy enough)
  • Peanut Butter Ganache made with brown sugar (easy enough . . . if I don't eat it out of the bowl first)
  • Chocolate Ganache (now we're just getting silly)
  • Scoop of vanilla ice cream.
  • Suffocate the whole wonderful mess with marshmallow cream and torch until roasty (commence sugar-gasm!).
The 30-Day Baked Goods Ban ends on Thursday, August 11th.  I'll give myself until Sunday, the 14th to experiment and put this together.  Let's face it, I won't last much longer past that.

There will either be pictures of the finished product, or pictures of me scooping peanut butter with my fingers in defeat.  Either way, that's just good internets.

1 comment: